Laos – Nature in its purest form
It already begins with the journey to Vientiane, the capital of this very special developing country. Immediately after you arrive, you feel at home and every expected pressure, every hustle and bustle of a capital city is cancelled. The Laotians, like the Cambodians, are perfect hosts. Everything is organized somehow, every evening all rubbish is removed from the streets. Laos is known for its varied and good cuisine, for relaxed people and for breathtaking nature. As in the neighbouring country Cambodia, you are almost never begged. Everybody tries to help and everybody is friendly. The accommodations are handpicked by us and always special. A country that we consider ideal to be travelled and experienced at a relatively slow pace.
Your next chance
Due to the current situation, no tours are taking place at the moment. We hope that it will be possible again in 2023. Register your interest already.
Laos is simply brilliant for all the demands we make on a fundriding tour. This is true for the mountains in the north of Laos. Already during our test tour in September 2018 we came back enthusiastically. Together with our local guides, we had worked out a tour to show the fundriders all facets of this impressive country.
The tour starts in the beautiful and tranquil capital Vientiane. This is the meeting point on Saturday, Feb 22, 2020. After we have gathered our first experiences as development aid workers in the tour project, which is still to be selected together, we will start.
Followed by a service vehicle, which besides our luggage also chauffeurs the accompanying doctor, the way leads us straight out of the city and up into the mountains. Details can be found in the description of the day. During the first Real-Tour in Feb 2019, all Fundriders without exception were enthusiastic and completely speechless. The tour is different every day. It doesn’t only give us deep insights into the untouched nature, but also brings us into direct contact with the different ethnic groups that live in the widely ramified mountains on the border to China.
The roads are good throughout and the traffic on most stages, very weak. Our route takes us up to an altitude of about 1,600 m, where we cross the mountains to the east. In the east we go down again into the lowlands. Each stage is different and the participants are surprised every day by another natural spectacle or another really impressive scenery.
The track can also be mastered by less experienced riders. We are equipped with a total of three guides, so that we have the luxury of forming two or three groups in order to do justice to the driving level. Everyone should have fun and enjoy without pressure, the more experienced and the beginner.
Also this trip is far away from rolling case tourism, not able to be booked elsewhere and presumably “the tour of your life”.
Description of the day
Stops of the Tour
- A: Vientiane
- B: Muang Fuang
- C: Kasi
- D: Phonsavan
- E: Thathom
- F: Viengthong
- G: Kong Lor Cave
- H: Paksan
- I: Vientiane
The cost sharing amounts to € 1.990,-
- Assistance with fundraising for KM sponsors
- Own fundraising page (German, English)
- Own donation form
- Promotional material: flyer, own business card, T-shirts
- Handling of donations
- Advice/information regarding all questions, e.g. flight, vaccinations, luggage, etc.
- 14 overnight stays in hotels, guest houses or special locations
- 12 days use of a 125 cc scooter, fuel included
- mechanic and e-parts for the scooters in case of defect
- two days in our tour project, active participation whether physically or mentally
- water and fruit during the ride
- service vehicle for transporting the luggage, etc.
- mechanic for repairs on the way
- Medical care during the whole tour
- 1 local tour guide
- 1 German tour guide
- Entrance fees, ferry ticket
- Cleaning of the vehicles after the tour
- Local taxes and permits with costs
- In case of fall/illness/abortion of the tour free return transport to the starting point Vientiane.
not included therein:
- Single room supplement € 250
- Damage due to falls
- Food and drinks
Of course anybody can add or store additional vacation time.
The purpose of the donation will be announced as soon as the group is complete.